Sunday, October 17, 2021

Birding at San Diego River: 10/17/2021

My little sister, Michelle A. James,  lost a long and difficult fight with cancer and journeyed ahead of us on April 09, 2021.  I’ve been trying to make sense of Michelle’s passing, but I am unable and most of me won’t let go; even though I was there, I don’t believe it!!! I don’t want to!!!

Photography is becoming a form of grief therapy for me; literally refocusing my thoughts away from a consuming void in my soul.  

I imagine Michelle and I chatting  about my shared pictures while sitting in her backyard over glasses of chilled Chardonnay and her delicious pesto pasta.  I hope as time passes my photos become worthy of my sisters praise and admiration; I know she is looking over my shoulder and will in someway whisper to me as I work to improve my skills   I Love and Miss you Michelle !!! 

















And my best buddy Lucky 🐦🥰






No comments:

Post a Comment