Sunday, October 22, 2023

A Slice of Despair - October 22, 2023

A Slice of Despair


In Colina del Sol, I bought a slice of despair,

A condo painted in shades of deepest wear,

Restless nights were the stars of my domain,

Tired, anxious, yearning for a change's gain.


I've dwelled in this place far too long, it's clear,

The longing for a change, did I steer wrong here?

Days stretch, long and sad, in hues of gray,

Melancholy madness taints my thoughts each day.


I struggle to grasp the present, it slips away,

Living in the realms of what might come, I stay,

Is this the final night in my confining flat?

Does it really matter, in the grand scheme, just that?


As the year's end nears, sadness upon sadness I fear,

Lucky Girl, she ages, but life's song is what she'll hear,

I'm aging too, aware of the sands that fall in time,

Family's distant, not close enough in this rhyme.


My sister, in my heart, her presence is clear,

But I yearn for her closeness, her presence near,

Will I miss this place, its melancholic grace?

Or am I lost, even before my new journey's embrace?


As I inch closer to moving on, my heart cries,

Hoping to refocus on work, as new chances arise,

To sing a fresh tune, break from this dark refrain,

Escape the colors of sorrow, a chance to be free again.

No comments:

Post a Comment