Zona

Zona: Building My Own Future

Looking back at these photos from London, Thailand, and across Europe, I see a chapter of my life defined by choice, hustle, and self-reliance. After getting through my hardest times, I made a deliberate decision to enter sex work and travel the world.

I want to be completely honest about that choice. I have immense respect for sex workers, especially those who do it purely to survive because they have no other options. My situation was differeny, I had a choice. I didn't do it just to keep a roof over my head; I did it to aggressively boost my financial situation, secure my future, and stack up my retirement. I can only slightly relate to the raw survival aspect of the work because of that privilege, but I chose my path, took control of it, and made it work for me.

It was a wild, intense, and complex experience. I traveled across continents, took in incredible cultures, and met wonderful people I’m still connected with today. At the same time, I faced the brutal side of it all,,, meeting my share of creepy people, rape, and sacrificing my personal space to save mu life, and even dealing with the harsh realities of being detained and deported as an "undesirable" by foreign customs.

Through every high and low, I was smart, strategic, and focused. I paid my rent, funded my IRA, and built a rock-solid financial cushion.

  • Street Level Perspective: These photos from the streets of London and the landscapes of Thailand capture a time when I was moving through the world on my own terms, turning every opportunity into security.

  • Survival and Success: I went in with a plan, stayed sharp, and came out way better off than most.

Do I regret doing it? Maybe a little bit, at times. But so what? I did it, I survived it, and I came out okay—in fact, better than okay. I made my choices, handled my business, and built the financial independence that lets me stand strong today.






























 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Echoes of DivasSF: Spinning and Burning on the Edge of Possibility

Retirement July 29, 1993 LCdr. Michael A. Mohn